Pursuant to Article 13 of the Law on Associations ( “Official Gazette” no. 74/14), the Assembly of Life Quality Improvement Organisation “FLIGHT” held on 2 August 2015 year in Zagreb passed the Revised
The Articles of Association
1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
This Statute shall regulate matters name, abbreviated name, the name of a foreign language, abbreviated name in a foreign language; association headquarters; representation; sign association and their appearance, appearance of the seal; aims of the association; areas of activity of the Association in accordance with aims, activities for achieving the objectives of the association; economic activities of the association in accordance with law; the method of providing the public of the association; conditions and way of joining the association, termination of membership, rights, obligations and responsibilities of members, disciplinary accountability of members and the way the list of members; association bodie, their composition and the manner of convening meetings, selection, recall, powers, decision-making and tenure of office in the governing bodies and the manner of convening the assembly in the event of expiry of the mandate; election and recall of the liquidator associations; termination of the association; its assets, and the method of acquisition and disposal of assets of the association; procedure with the assets in the event of termination of the association; way of settling disputes and conflicts of interest within the association and other issues of importance for the Association for Life Quality Improvement “FLIGHT”.
The terms used in this Statute, and have gender meanings are used neutral and apply equally to male and female gender.
Association name: Udruga za unapređenje kvalitete življenja „LET“
The abbreviated name of the Association is: LET.
Name of the Association in English reads: Life Quality Improvement Organization “FLIGHT”.
The abbreviated name of the Association in English is: FLIGHT.
The Association operates on the Croatian territory.
Association is represented by the Executive Director.
The headquarters of the Association are in Zagreb.
The decision on the change of address is on the Steering Committee.
The Association has its own sign: the word LET printed in capital letters, and beneath it is a stylized bird with outstretched wings. On the upper side of the words LET printed text: Association for improving the quality of life, and the underside of the words LET printed text: Life Quality Improvement Organisation.
The Association has a seal.
Stamp Association has a square-shaped and contains the word LET printed in capital letters in the middle, below which there is a stylized bird with outstretched wings. On the upper side of the word LET printed text; Association for improving the quality of life, with the underside of the words LET printed text; Life Quality Improvement Organization.
The association has a square-shaped stamp that contains the name, address and registration number of the Association.
The work of the Association is opened to the public.
The public activities of the Association ensures:
– Reporting on the work of members of the Association at sessions of the Association bodies;
– Public meeting of the Association bodies, except in exceptional cases, when the session closed to the public;
– Preparation and publication of annual and project descriptive and financial reports on the work of the Association;
– Using information and communication technologies (websites, social networks, etc.);
– public communication;
– Organizing special events,
– Any other appropriate means.
The public may be excluded from the meeting of the body of the Association for the protection of personal data on members of the Association and the protection of personal or business secrets.
II OBJECTIVES, AREAS OF ACTIVITIES, ACTIVITIES AND ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES OF THE ASSOCIATION
The aim of the Association is to improve the quality of life of vulnerable and sick persons, the protection of human health and rights related to health, disease prevention and social exclusion and improving the provision of social and medical care in accordance with special regulations.
The association exclusively and directly follows the goals that are general use and humanitarian character.
Areas of the Association in accordance with the objectives are:
1.) The Health protection – preventive action, improvement and protection of health (prevention of infectious diseases; prevention and mental health promotion, protection and prevention of diseases of the reproductive system) and the prevention and control of addiction;
2.) The Social activity – social assistance and support (help and support to people with disabilities, assistance and support to children, help and support to young people, help and support for people at risk of poverty and social exclusion and the help and support of the family) and social services (counseling and assistance, psychosocial support and prevention of addiction);
3) Democratic political culture – promoting non-violence and peace building and violence prevention (prevention of violence among children and youth and prevention of domestic violence), monitoring of public policy and advocacy, development of civil society and public information and media (production of media content; encourage critical debate in the media and promote media literacy);
4.) The Human Rights – free legal aid, prevention and protection from discrimination (gender equality, protection of the family, protection of children’s rights, protection of rights of persons with disabilities, protection of drug addicts; protection of the rights of HIV / AIDS people and sewn rights of sexual minorities)
5) Education, science and research – Education (education for the protection and promotion of human rights and encouraging creativity in education), science, professional work and research (scientific research, organization of national and international scientific and scientific and professional papers conferences, schools, conferences and seminars and publishing of scientific and technical publications).
In order to achieve the objectives laid down in Article 7 of the Articles of Association, the Association shall perform the following activities:
– Developing and encourage a multidisciplinary approach to the complex issue of health and disease;
– Preparation and implementation of health and social education;
– Improvement and development of social and preventive health programs for children, youth and adults;
– Development public health programs;
– Providing advice to individuals, families and communities;
– Proposing measures to create appropriate conditions for modern diagnostics; outpatient and inpatient treatment with an effictive modern therapy;
– Establishment of institutions and other legal entities for testing and diagnosis of diseases; psycho-social support, treatment and care of sick people;
– Implementation of harm-reduction programs (harm reduction);
– Encourage and support the development and advancement of scientific and professional health and social programs;
– Care for the material, medical, psychosocial, legal and spiritual help disadvantaged and sick persons;
– Promotes understanding of the problem and tolerance for people who are ill, to protect human, civil, social, health, employment and other social rights of vulnerable and the sick person and develops antidiscrimination practice
– Developing partnerships with local authorities, organizations and communities, enhancing their ability to improve the health status and overall condition of these communities;
– Implementation of programs in the field of health, education, educational, and psychosocial work with all members of the community by organizing educational, creative, socialization, recreational, cultural, entertainment and work activities, workshops, games and socializing for all ages
– Organizing all forms of international cooperation and exchange with other national and international organizations for inducing and promoting interest in the objectives of the Association;
– Organizing and supporting professional conferences, seminars, lectures, debates, scientific and other conferences and publications;
– Fundraising through appropriate actions, such as collecting contributions, calls for giving gifts and contributions and others, in accordance with the law;
– Publications in the field of the activity of the Association, maintenance events, exhibitions and similar events and cooperation with radio and TV stations and other media in order to spread the goals of promoting the objectives of the Association;
– Provision of humanitarian assistance, according to the Law on Humanitarian Assistance and Work programme FLIGHT association in the field of humanitarian assistance with dana about users, the type and method of providing assistance ;
and promote equal opportunities for women and men
Advocating for changes in the legislation and adapt the implementation mechanisms for the protection and promotion of the rights of disadvantaged and vulnerable groups;
Drafting legislative solutions and design implementation mechanisms for the protection and promotion of the rights of disadvantaged and vulnerable groups such as drug addicts, young people, single-parent families, people with disabilities, people with mental disabilities, chronically ill people, members of ethnic and other minorities, and etc .;
Support for social integration.
In order to achieve the objectives of association, in accordance with special regulations, perform the following economic activities:
– Organization of workshops and seminars;
– Publishing activities;
– Development and sales of its products in stores under the Trade Act;
– Production and distribution of audio-visual works.
Regular members of the Association can be any natural, which is interested in the activity of the Association and to contribute to achieving the objectives of the Association and accepted the provisions of the Statute.
A natural person who is interested in membership in the Association by submitting a written request to the Management Board to decide on the membership at its first regular session. The members of the Association of the station on the day of the decision of the Board.
Regular members of the Association pay an annual membership fee in the amount determined by the Management Board. The Management Board may decide that there is no annual membership fee for the current year.
The association keeps a list of members, in electronic form containing information on the personal name, personal identification number (PIN), date of birth, date of accession union membership category and the date of termination of membership in the association.
Board of Directors proposes to the General Assembly the appointment of honorary members.
Honorary member can become a natural person who is a personal activity or engagement in particular contributed to the achievement of the objectives of the Association.
The rights, obligations and responsibilities of members of the Association are:
– Actively participate in the work of the Association (just regular);
– Elect and be elected to the bodies operated Association (just regular);
– Be informed about the activities of the Association (slow and regular);
– Actively participate in the implementation and monitoring of activities of the Association (just regular);
– The performance of the Association’s activities comply with the provisions of the law and this Statute (just regular);
– Pay the membership fee (only regular).
Membership is terminated:
– Date of submission of the signed statement of resignation from the membership of the Board of Directors;
– Verbal statement on voluntary withdrawal from membership in the Administrative Committee;
– Non-payment of membership fees for the previous year;
– Death of a member.
Disciplinary responsibility of members
Members of the Association take on the obligations and responsibilities arising from the law and other legal regulations, this Statute and other acts of the Association.
Members of the Association disciplinary liable for violation of membership obligations and responsibilities:
– Violations of the legal and other obligations in respect of the Association;
– Failure to comply with the provisions of the Statute;
– Failure to comply with decisions of the governing body of the Association;
– Failure commitments;
– Negligent performance of obligations due to what caused material damage to the Association;
– Negligent or illegal disposal of assets of the Association;
– Damaging the reputation of the Association.
Disciplinary responsibility of members of the Association shall be determined in the disciplinary proceedings.
Disciplinary proceedings may be initiated by the Steering Committee.
Disciplinary proceedings are conducted and disciplinary measures imposed Steering Committee.
The disciplinary proceedings shall be determined by the circumstances giving rise to a violation of membership obligations and responsibilities, weight injuries and damage was caused to the Association.
Disciplinary proceedings shall be conducted in accordance with the Regulations on the disciplinary responsibility of members of the association who passed by the Management Board of the association.
For established violation of membership obligations and responsibilities can be imposed the following disciplinary measures:
First warning, or
exclusion from the Association
A member of the Association which has been suspended disciplinary expulsion from the Association has the right within fifteen days from the day the decision, to appeal to the General Assembly.
Assembly of the Association is to make a decision within 30 days from the day of delivery.
The decision of the Assembly is final.
Each member of the Association has the right in writing to warn the Steering Committee or the Assembly of the Association of non-compliance with the provisions of the Statute or irregularities in the implementation of the decisions of the Association.
Each member of the Association has the right to written complaints about the work of individual members or bodies of the Association.
In the warnings and complaints member Board of Directors is obliged to respond in writing within 30 days of their receipt.
MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION AND BODIES
Association members manage the Association directly to the General Assembly and through elected representatives in other bodies of the Association.
The bodies of the Association are:
– Board of Directors and
– Executive Director.
The Assembly is the highest governing body of the Association.
The Assembly consists of all business capable of full members of the association.
The Assembly decides on:
– Appointment and dismissal of the Executive Director and members of the Board;
– Receipt of honorary members;
– Adopting and changing the Statutes;
– Consider and adopt the report on the work of the Association;
– Termination of the Association;
– Elect and dismiss the liquidator associations;
– Decides on joining federations, communities, networks and other forms of connectivity
– Adopt the work plan and financial plan for the next calendar year and report on
work for the previous calendar year;
– Adopt the annual financial report;
– Decide whether to alter the objectives and activities, economic activities, termination
operation and distribution of the remaining assets of the Association;
– Decides on status changes;
– Decide on other matters for which the statute has not been established jurisdiction other
The Assembly can be ordinary and extraordinary. Regular Assembly shall meet at least once a year.
Assembly is convened by the Management Board.
The decision to convene the Assembly Steering Committee Meeting agenda, and the place, date and time of the session of the Assembly.
The Management Board is obliged to convene an Extraordinary General Meeting if requested to do so at least two thirds (2/3) of the members of the Assembly.
In its request for convening the Assembly are required to submit agenda of the session.
If the Management Board does not convene the session of the Extraordinary Assembly within 15 days of receipt of the request from the preceding paragraph, shall be convened by the promoters (the decision must contain the proposed agenda and the place, date and time of the meeting).
The Management Board is obliged to calls for the Assembly to submit to members at least three days before the session.
The invitation to the session of the Assembly should include the proposed agenda, place, date and time of the session of the Assembly.
Assembly is chaired by the Executive Director.
In the case of his inability meeting a person they authorized the Executive Director to conduct the same.
The Assembly shall make valid decisions if duly convened and if the Assembly is attended by more than half the total number of members of the Assembly.
If the Assembly does not have a quorum in the preceding paragraph, the Assembly may, after 30 minutes of waiting to do the work, and make valid decisions if attended by at least one third (1/3) of the members of the Assembly.
Decisions are made by majority vote, except for the decision on the termination of the Association of Art. 37 of the Statute and the Decision on the adoption of the Statute and the Decision on amendments to the Statute under Article 46 of the Statute
In the case of expiry of the mandate of the Association bodies, the Assembly convened the last person to represent registered in the Register of Associations of the Republic of Croatia or 1/3 of Assembly members who are enrolled in the list of members before the expiry of the mandate of the bodies of the Association as described in a previous article.
The Executive Director represents the Association.
The Executive Director shall have the following rights and obligations:
– Responsible for the legality of the Association;
– Water affairs of the Association in accordance with the decisions of the Assembly;
– Is responsible for submitting annual financial reports to the Assembly;
– Submit the minutes of the regular session of the Assembly of the competent office, which runs the Register of Associations;
– Enter into contracts and take other legal actions on behalf of the Association;
– Performs other duties in accordance with law, the Statute and the acts of the Association;
– Conducts executive and other tasks determined by this Statute;
– Make and canceled contracts, service contracts and temporary contracts;
– Make and cancels the lease agreements space;
– Make and canceling procurement contracts;
– Has the financial means of the Association according to the guidelines of the Board;
– Preparation of financial and descriptive reports for donors;
– May set up an expert committee to prepare some of their decisions, as well as to consult experts for the decision.
The term of office of the Executive Director shall be two years with the possibility to be elected again.
The decision on the appointment and dismissal of the Executive Director of the Assembly.
Executive Director of the Association may cease before the expiration of the term he was elected for:
– At his own request and
To recall the Executive Director of the Association may be due to the reasons stated in Article 15 of the Statute.
The procedure for revocation of the Executive Director of the Association may be initiated at the request of at least 1/3 of the members of the Assembly.
A request for revocation of the Executive Director of the Association are discussed and decided at an extraordinary session of the Assembly which is convened in accordance with the provisions of this Statute.
The Executive Director of the Association will be revoked if the decision on the revocation made by a majority vote of the present members of the Assembly.
In the event of termination of the mandate of the Executive Director of the Association before the expiry of his election the procedure of election of the new Executive Director of the Association for the remainder of the term of office at a special session of the General Assembly.
In the case of revocation of the Executive Director of the Association, at a meeting at which the same cancer elects new Executive Director of the Association for the remainder of the term.
The Management Board is the Association executive body and the highest management body between the Assembly.
The Management Board consists of CEO and four members of the Association elected by the Assembly.
The Executive Director is a member and Chairman of the Board.
The mandate of the members of the Board shall be two years with the possibility of re-election.
In case of absence of the Executive Director, the Managing Board manages the member of the Board of Directors authorized by the Executive Director.
In the event of dismissal of a member of the Board of the new member elected within 30 days and the period of time that is remaining in the term of a member of the Board of Directors who is relieved.
The Management Board is authorized to decide on all matters that do not fall within the express jurisdiction of the Assembly or the Executive Director, in particular, is entitled:
– Adopt reports on the work of the previous year, in which reports are included and reports on the performance of workers in the association;
– Proposes operational work plan and financial plan for the current year;
– Issuing guidelines for taking actions that serve the purpose of raising funds;
– Decide on the expenditure of funds in view of the objectives and tasks of the Association established by this Constitution;
– Adopt the annual accounts;
– set up an expert committee to prepare some of their decisions, and to include experts in the work of its sessions;
– Propose admission of honorary members of the Association;
– Determine the amount of membership fees;
– Make a decision on non-payment of membership fees for the current year;
– Make a decision on the maximum cash on hand;
– Execute the decisions of the Assembly;
– Adopt the Rules of Procedure and other general acts in addition to the Statute;
– Prepare the draft Statute, proposing amendments to the Statute;
– Convene the session of the Assembly, to propose an agenda and prepare the necessary materials the Assembly discusses;
– Decide on the change of the seat of the Association;
– Care of the assets of the Association and raising money as well as on how to get investment in the improvement of activities of the Association on the proposal of the Executive Director;
– Decide on the establishment and abolition of the organizational forms of the Association;
– Cooperate with other organizations in the Republic of Croatia and the world on issues of interest to the Association;
– Perform other duties as specified in this Statute, other decisions and acts of the Association;
– Appoints and dismisses the project manager and controls and monitors the work of the project manager;
– Resolves disputes or conflicts of interest.
The Management Board shall make valid decisions if the session is attended by the Executive Director and at least two members of the Board.
Chairman of the Steering Committee convened by the Board, if necessary.
The Management Board takes decisions by majority vote.
When affairs and issues that must not be delayed, the Executive Director is authorized to independently make decisions.
The Executive Director shall, as soon as possible, and no later than at the next session of the Board, a report on its decision. The Management Board can reverse or stop the execution of activities at the discretion of the Executive Director.
VI MERGING AND ORGANIZATIONAL FORMS OF ASSOCIATION
The Association may join in local and international alliances or community association and become a member of national and international organizations and institutions.
The decision is adopted by the Assembly of the Association, a decision on membership by the Managing Board, at the proposal of the Executive Director.
The association may establish branches, in places on the Croatian territory.
The decision on the establishment and abolition of subsidiary adopted by the Management Board on a proposal from the Executive Director.
Branches do not have legal personality.
The internal structure, jurisdiction and other rights and obligations of the subsidiary shall be governed by the Rules of Procedure of the subsidiary.
Rules of Procedure of the branch must be in accordance with the Statute, passed by the Management Board at the proposal of the Executive Director.
VII. PROPERTY, ACQUISITION AND DISPOSAL OF PROPERTY
Association assets consist of funds that the association gained membership fees, voluntary contributions and gifts, funds that associations obtain performance of an activity which the goals, their economic activities, financing programs and projects of associations from the state budget and the budgets of local and regional (regional) government and funds and / or foreign sources, other monetary assets acquired in accordance with the law, and its immovable and movable property, and other property rights.
The income is used exclusively for the attainment of the objectives of the Association.
The association may set up a company to carry out activities of profit to be earnings used exclusively for carrying out activities for the realization of the objectives of the Association.
The association may establish foundations, institutions and other legal entities, for achieving the objectives of the Association, in accordance with the law.
Signatory in the case of disposal of funds of the Executive Director.
The association has its assets only for achieving the objectives and the performance of certain activities by the Statute, in accordance with the law.
About the disposal of assets by the Managing Board.
VIII. TERMINATION OF THE ASSOCIATION AND PROCEDURE WITH THE ASSETS IN CASE OF TERMINATION OF THE ASSOCIATION
Association ceases to exist:
– The decision of the General Assembly on the termination of the Association;
– The decision of the General Assembly on the merger to another association, merger with another association, a division of the Association separation;
– In other cases provided by law.
Decision of the Assembly in the preceding paragraph shall be taken by a two thirds majority vote of all members of the Assembly.
The liquidator represents the association in the liquidation process and the opening of the liquidation procedure is entered in the Register of Associations as a person authorized to represent the organization to the completion of liquidation proceedings and deletion of organizations from the register of associations.
Liquidators elected by the Assembly of the Association.
In the event of termination of the Association assets after satisfaction of creditors and the costs of liquidation, judicial and other proceedings association, institution or foundation having the same or similar statutory objectives, based on the decision of the General Assembly.
In the event that for any reason the Association Assembly can meet and make a decision from the previous paragraph, the remaining assets acquired City of Zagreb.
Dispute resolution and conflict of interest within the association
If there is a dispute between members of the Association that makes it difficult work of the Association and can not be resolved through the procedures laid down by this Statute, members of the Association are obliged to refrain from behavior that is harmful to society.
Members of the Association in all matters of interest and importance to the Association must act honorably, honestly, conscientiously, responsibly and impartially abiding to their own credibility and the credibility of the Association.
In performing the activities of the Association members should not put their private interest above the interests of the Association.
In the event that the private interests of a member of the Association contrary to the interests of the Association or when private interest affects or may affect the impartiality member of the Association in the performance of activities of the Association, a member of the Association who is caught in a conflict of interest he shall immediately notify the Executive Director, if can be exempted from further work on specific activities.
In case of doubt about a possible conflict of interest, any member of the Association may request the opinion of the Board of Directors.
In case of occurrence of possible conflicts of interest Board of Directors shall resolve it to protect the interest of the Association.
X TRANSITIONAL AND FINAL PROVISIONS
Statute of the Association and amendments to the Statute of the Assembly by a majority vote of the total number of ordinary members of the association after discussion.
The initiative to amend the Statute may be initiated at least 1/3 of the ordinary members of the association.
The initiative to amend the Articles of Association shall be submitted in writing to the Board of Directors, which is the proposal of amendments required to be included on the agenda of the next session of the Assembly.
Proposed amendments to the statutes must contain a new formulation of articles of the Statute whose amendments proposed by the suggestion.
Interpretation of this Constitution given by the Assembly.
Interpretation of other Association documents the Steering Committee.
Any procedural and statutory matters that are not regulated by this Statute the Managing Board.
This Statute shall enter into force upon its adoption.
In Zagreb, 2 August 2015